In something of a double debut one of the most respected producers to emerge from Montreal in recent years is set to unveil his first LP, which also marks the first long-player to be released on a particularly popular UK imprint too. Don’t call them rookies though, as both label and artist know exactly what they are doing.
Tazz, who some may recognise from singles (x2) on Jus Ed’s infamois Underground Quality outfit, will unveil Adventures of Tazz on March 22nd via the UK deep house organisation Tsuba- home to the producer’s other two short form efforts. Those waiting for the new release can expect a collection of four four cuts produced with old hardware and new software, taking inspiration from Detroit and beyond, which sounds pretty good.
The artist’s close friends, Giovanni and Bacanito have collaborated on some of the tracks, meanwhile Canadian DJ type Christian Pronovost also helps out, with Kevin Griffiths delivering a bonus track by way of remixing Welcome To Dub. Full tracklist below, along with a video to said track (albeit in its original guise) to fill in any blanks, though more information is available by clicking here.
Tazz / The Adventures of Tazz
1. Tazz ‘Giovanni’s Keys’
2. Tazz & Bacanito ‘Worked It’
3. Tazz ‘Many Reasons!’
4. Tazz ‘Captain Groove & The Oscillators’
5. Tazz ‘That’s What “It” Said’
6. Tazz ‘La Salade Techno’
7. Tazz & Giovanni ‘Wobble Theory’
8. Tazz, Bacanito, Christian Pronovost, Giovanni Randisi ‘Little Yellow Synth’
9. Tazz ‘Underground 07’ (Bonus Track)
10. Tazz & Giovanni ‘Welcome To Dub’ (Kevin Griffiths Mix) (Bonus Track)